THE AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS BROADCASTED USING SAPEC´S TECHNOLOGY
The live signals from the ongoing matches are being compressed and transmitted from each venue using SAPEC contribution solutions.
5 cities, 6 stadiums, and 52 matches to know which of the 24 national teams will be the champion of the most important soccer tournament in the African continent. The technological partners of SAPEC in the country has trusted once more in SAPEC´s compression technology to cover this event. Reliability, video quality, and good technical support have been key factors for continuing this cooperation. The Spanish company is proud of that according Javier V. Golfe, Sales Manager at SAPEC: “We are a small company and with much more limited resources than our giant competitors, and still, we leave our footprint internationally with world class sports references. We are proud and honoured that our technology is being used again on a CAF tournament of this magnitude”. SAPEC counts with a wide range of contribution solutions as for example, a versatile multimedia platform called Laguna Media Processor than can process up to 8 channels (encoding, decoding, multiplexing…) and offers a wide range of features to address many different applications. Another solution worthwhile to have a look at is the Sivac-one family, a very low latency solution for compression of UHD 4K services on HEVC. For DSNG applications, SAPEC offers its Gredos product family with different solutions for both up and downlink. Check SAPEC contribution solutions here: https://sapec.es/solutions/ Broadcast of the Tournament The tournament will be broadcasted in more than 150 countries by world leading broadcasters, here we have gathered some of them:
- Canal+, SuperSport and StarTimes in the Sub-Saharian region.
- beIN Sports will broadcast the tournament across North Africa and the Middle East, as well as on its channels in the Asia-Pacific region and North America, including the United States, and as far afield as Cambodia and Laos.
- ESPN will broadcast it over its Latin American territories.
- In the UK, the BBC and BSkyB will broadcast the tournament
- In Brazil, Bandeirantes will show the tournament.
- In Europe, France will be covered by beIN Sports, Italy by Discovery, and Germany by SportDigital. Nordic fans will be able to watch on NENT’s sport channels, while Eastern Europe will tune into SportKlub.